Skip to main content

Inspiration and the Effect

One can be inspired and then motivated in the most interesting ways.  A few weeks ago I purchased some cute little buttons and they have been on my mind since then.  They are shaped like cartoonish butterflies done up in cheerful colours.  Miss M just must have something made that puts these butterflies to their best use.  Meet the motivations:

Miss M and her Movember tomato soup mustache
The buttons that just wouldn't let go

There are a few things on needles right now that really should be completed first; a shawl just begun, the Jeweled cowl and finally the ¨O¨ scarf needs to be finished.  But instead I searched my stash for a yarn or yarns that would showoff those buttons and found leftover Malabrigo Duo in pinks from last year's West Desert hood.

Additionally I needed to find a relatively small project since there was less than 50 grams of yarn left. I decided to knit a toque in a toddler size in a simple design that would allow the butterflies to shine.  Barley from Tin Can Knits fit the bill.  It will be a slouchy toque with butterflies on the front.





And this is the result:


A closeup of just one of the buttons

It took only a few hours to complete this version, but now I can focus on the other WIPs because those buttons have an appropriate home.

Comments