Skip to main content

Bear 900

I've worked on Bear 900's head.  Here's a picture:


My version of Bear 900
 Since I've taken this photo I've continued to shape Bear and now his head is broader and more oval in shape thus looking more like the Bear 900.  More to come on both Rabbit U and Bear 900 as I figure out the bodies, arms, legs, fingers and silver vests.

Now the story of U 900 and the T-Pain microphone Dack, my youngest got for Xmas.  Personally I was not familiar with T-Pain so I needed an explanation about the microphone.    Perhaps you too need information so check out this link.   So as I understand it this microphone has the capacity to alter one's voice and it is especially good if one uses a falsetto voice.  Dack is a wonderfully playful guy, so he took full advantage of the T-Pain mic singing several melodies for us.  Then he found out about the U 900 and managed to T-Pain them.  And finally he shared the Black Keys Lonely Boy Video which apparently is a big hit.  Between the the U 900 video, the Black Keys video and the T-Pain microphone we spent our Xmas vacation being serenaded for good or bad by Dack imitating the sounds from both of these artists.  Additionally there was the dance that goes with Lonely Boy.

Thanks Dack for keeping the atmosphere light and making me laugh as I tried to start crocheting Bear 900.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anatomy of a Sock

I've been knitting socks for a relatively short time.  One of the disconcerting things for me as I started following patterns for socks is the pattern designer assumes the knitter (in this case that would be me) knows all the parts of a sock.  So I thought I'd devote a post to improve my own knowledge about the anatomy of a sock and maybe some of you will learn something about the humble yet necessary sock as well. Here's the names of the parts of the foot as I know them. #49 ankle, #50 heel, #51, instep, #52 ball, #53 big toe, #54 toe, #55 little toe, #56 toenail. There are some parts more important for this discussion; first the heel of a foot is generally used to refer to the entire C-shape from the ankle to the instep.  Speaking of the instep, it refers to that curve near the bottom of the foot.  And what seems to be missing in the design above is the sole which generally refers to the bottom of the foot in total or plantar aspect in more technical terms...

Gosling's Meme and Knitting

What is a meme, you may first ask? Well Dr. Richard Dawkins, an evolutionary biologist, came up with the idea in the late 1970's and stated something like: a meme is to a society what a gene is to a human. Both are an element or unit that can be replicated or passed from one individual to another. During the Internet age memes can be easily shared, replicated or otherwise passed on to another. Recent examples can be found on Gawker . Memes can include piano playing cats, a honey badger, the Call Me Maybe phenomenon and so on. The political campaign in the U.S. helped fuel memes using some of the most unusual statements like, "binders of women" and "you didn't build that." A few memes have staying power but most have a relatively short life span. Gosling's meme related to knitting has been around for some time; so when I again saw another post about him recently, it was time to figure out the origin. Ryan Gosling is a Canadian actor born in Onta...

Yarn Barf

It's back to quirkiness and time to step away again from the cuteness for a while.  But as you see I'm someone who slips from one to the other without much effort so anticipate this back and forth to be my new normal. A dramatization of me in the midst of my startitist frenzy Yarn barf .  I'm willing to bet you hadn't thought of putting those two words together, had you?  It just so happens yarn barf can be a reoccurring pain for those of us who use yarns that come in a skein instead of a hank.  (No pun intended regarding the current Noro virus, well maybe a little pun.) Skeins of yarn wound by the manufacturer These are hanks which need to be wound into balls  If you look closely at the picture on the right you'll see the start on the millet yellow skein at the centre right of the photo.  Its start can easily be seen coming from the centre of the skein onto the violet skein to the left.  Easy to find, right! ...