Skip to main content

Sure, I'll take a Slice

So I am actually sitting here with the Superbowl game on and have yet to see any blue and white scarves, but I will continue to scout for them.  I'm told by one of my Indianapolis checkers that there are scarves all over the city.  So I should be able to find some.  (Perhaps if I had watched the 5 hours of pregame I might have seen some. but I had no intention of spending the day on the game.)

According to a Canadian advertiser, I should order my pizza now before it is too late.  (It is about 3:45 pm on the West Coast so dinner won't be served for a couple of hours.)

No need for me to worry since I've already got the pizza covered.  My last post about this slice was taken over by the cuteness of my great-nieces and my brother with his newest grand daughter so I thought I could repost the pizza.   It is, of course, another food of choice for the game.

Here it is.  I think I'll have to make another slice or two soon since I've cracked into my orange stash for the Doritos:


A pepperoni and cheese slice

Yup it is from Susie Johns Knitted Fast Food.  And if you click on the link you'll see Susie's version, on the cover of the book, is different from mine.

Oh, I have to go, the coin toss is coming; let the game begin   .................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anatomy of a Sock

I've been knitting socks for a relatively short time.  One of the disconcerting things for me as I started following patterns for socks is the pattern designer assumes the knitter (in this case that would be me) knows all the parts of a sock.  So I thought I'd devote a post to improve my own knowledge about the anatomy of a sock and maybe some of you will learn something about the humble yet necessary sock as well. Here's the names of the parts of the foot as I know them. #49 ankle, #50 heel, #51, instep, #52 ball, #53 big toe, #54 toe, #55 little toe, #56 toenail. There are some parts more important for this discussion; first the heel of a foot is generally used to refer to the entire C-shape from the ankle to the instep.  Speaking of the instep, it refers to that curve near the bottom of the foot.  And what seems to be missing in the design above is the sole which generally refers to the bottom of the foot in total or plantar aspect in more technical terms...

Gosling's Meme and Knitting

What is a meme, you may first ask? Well Dr. Richard Dawkins, an evolutionary biologist, came up with the idea in the late 1970's and stated something like: a meme is to a society what a gene is to a human. Both are an element or unit that can be replicated or passed from one individual to another. During the Internet age memes can be easily shared, replicated or otherwise passed on to another. Recent examples can be found on Gawker . Memes can include piano playing cats, a honey badger, the Call Me Maybe phenomenon and so on. The political campaign in the U.S. helped fuel memes using some of the most unusual statements like, "binders of women" and "you didn't build that." A few memes have staying power but most have a relatively short life span. Gosling's meme related to knitting has been around for some time; so when I again saw another post about him recently, it was time to figure out the origin. Ryan Gosling is a Canadian actor born in Onta...

Yarn Barf

It's back to quirkiness and time to step away again from the cuteness for a while.  But as you see I'm someone who slips from one to the other without much effort so anticipate this back and forth to be my new normal. A dramatization of me in the midst of my startitist frenzy Yarn barf .  I'm willing to bet you hadn't thought of putting those two words together, had you?  It just so happens yarn barf can be a reoccurring pain for those of us who use yarns that come in a skein instead of a hank.  (No pun intended regarding the current Noro virus, well maybe a little pun.) Skeins of yarn wound by the manufacturer These are hanks which need to be wound into balls  If you look closely at the picture on the right you'll see the start on the millet yellow skein at the centre right of the photo.  Its start can easily be seen coming from the centre of the skein onto the violet skein to the left.  Easy to find, right! ...